June 05, 2016

Sew: Tessuti Sydney Jacket



After the raging success of my first Sydney Jacket, I went on the hunt for a camel coloured boiled wool to make another. I thought camel would go well with black. Not sure what happened but I came out of Rathdowne Fabrics with this maroon slightly brown coloured boiled wool. At Sewjourn, we decided to call it "Grilled Eggplant".


Whatever colour it is, I've certainly enjoyed wearing it. My first Sydney jacket was in a felted wool and although I love the colour, it is not very snuggly to wear. After wearing this boiled wool version a few times, I went and bought a grey boiled wool to replace my first version. It is like wearing a blanket. So warm and snuggly.


This was my first Sewjourn project. I got through quite a few projects this time but I then promptly got sick and so did Mr Sew Brunswick so it's been a quiet few weeks.

Project Details
Pattern: Tessuti Fabrics Sydney Jacket, size L
Fabric: Boiled wool from Rathdowne Fabrics
Alterations: None
See also: Sew Brunswick #1 | Made by Melanie | Closet Case Files | Funkbunny

I'm wearing it with my new striped Mandy Boat Tee which I'll blog about soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat