September 12, 2015

Sew: Simplicity 1366 top in Japanese Cotton


I'm back with another project that has sat 95% done for a few months, waiting for me to hem it. I accidentally scorched the fabric on the back while doing the neckline so it was sent to the naughty corner for a while. 


I made the same neckline alteration to this top as my stripey version. I lengthened the body by 10cm and left the sleeves as per the pattern. I prefer the sleeves slightly shorter like the stripe top so will shorten the sleeves in future makes. They sit right at the elbow which is a bit awkward.


The fabric was from Tessuti Melbourne way back in February. It is a beautiful soft waffle cotton that I couldn't go past.

Project Details
Pattern: Simplicity 1366, size 18
Fabric: Japanese waffle cotton from Tessuti Melbourne
Alterations: Removed 3 cm from both the front and back neckline, lengthened body by 10cm.
See Also: Sew Brunswick #1 | Ada Spragg | Lily Sage & Co | Bedlam + Bird

There's one more S1366 top hanging somewhere around waiting for a neckline binding.

L x


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat