December 26, 2012

Celebrate: Christmas



We had a fabulous Christmas Day at home with just our little family of four. It was our first ever at home alone without numerous family and friends. At first it did feel a bit weird not to have all the fuss and busyness of lots of people, but we soon settled in for a lovely day with the kids. The boys got new scooters from us so we were out there in the beautiful sunshine teaching them how to scoot. Boy did I wish I had a scooter!!

Even though it was just us for Christmas, I still did all my favourites things for breakfast and lunch. For breakfast we had croissants and fresh fruit with champagne and orange juice. This is a family tradition for my family. Lunch was a marmalade glazed ham served with a pancetta potato salad and a rocket, parmesan and pear salad. I made honeycomb and macadamia icecream and served this as a sundae with crushed honeycomb, macadamias and palm sugar syrup. It was pure bliss!! All of this was followed by a 3 hour afternoon siesta. I realised I forgot to serve the prawns for lunch, so we had prawn sandwiches for dinner. Talk about a perfect day!!

I was very spoilt with beautiful presents including some sewing related gifts. My mother-in-law gave me a new super-duper ironing board cover and my sister-in-law gave me a cute pincushion from Etsy. Plus check out Mr N's gift to me!! A thread spool storage device for my iPhone headphones. How cool are they?! He bought them from the NGV shop if you're interested.

I wore an old dress (Vogue 1102 - reviewed on Sew Tessuti) I made for a good friend's wedding in 2011. I've only worn it once to the wedding, which is such a shame as I love the fabric colour. I just find the low cut of the back too exposed for everyday wear. I plan to cut the skirt off and either make a full skirt or a fitted top. I wore it with a beige singlet on Christmas Day as it is the perfect festive colour. It went perfectly with my new necklace that Mr Sew Brunswick gave me. He picks the most amazing necklaces and you all know how much I love a good necklace.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas Day with your loved ones. I sure did. The weather in Melbourne has been lovely and we got out today to take the boys and their new scooters to Princes Park. This afternoon I got a few quiet hours in my sewing room while the boys snoozed (including Mr Sew Brunswick) or watched a movie on the couch. I finished a dress made from a linen remnant I picked up at Tessuti last Friday. Talk about fast fashion! Tomorrow I'm going to hit the garden. Wish me luck!

L x







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat