October 24, 2012

Sew: Denim Simplicity 2250 Jacket

 



After the success of my first Simplicity 2250 Jacket, I was keen to make another fast! I decided on a denim version to be worn casually with my many floral dresses and skirts. I pilfered some denim from the boys' stash and was on my merry way.

Project Details
Pattern: Simplicity 2250
Fabric: Indy Dark Denim 6GSM Light Weight Denim from Kelani Fabrics
Alterations: Size 18, removed 2.5cm from centreback seam at neckline grading down to nothing at the middle back, bound seams with purple floral bias binding, inserted shoulder pads and sleeve heads




The last version is a little big all over but particularly across the top back, so I removed 2.5cm from the centre back. I also made a smaller size this time but didn't alter the seams for a more fitted shape. I wanted to keep this jacket casual and loose. I did try my hand at sleeve heads and am very pleased with the final result.




A great casual but classic style jacket for summer.

L x

3 comments:

  1. I really like this!It's a nice stripped down look that is going to be fab for summer. Who can say no to a beautifully hand crafted jacket that will go with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought your ponte version was great but I think I like this version even more. You've been on a real roll making great everyday clothes lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi :-) I am about to start making a jacket that is almost identical to this one, but I'd like to use a light fabric, does your pattern suggest any interfacing? my instructions as missing from mine! on my pattern there's no facings at all it's just lined up to the edge.

    Many thanks,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat