September 21, 2012

Sew: Scout Woven Tee






 
 


A quick and easy sew. Perfect for breaking up the monotony of sewing lined shift dresses for work and cutting out heaps of items including the Lily Linen Dress. That thing takes forever to piece together!

Project Details
Pattern: Scout Woven Tee by Grainline Studio
Fabric: Japanese Cotton (very drapey) purchased in Tokyo last year
Alterations: None. Cut a size L.

My only suggestion for this tee is to select a fabric with a good drape. There are no darts in the front panel so a fabric with good drape is required so it doesn't stick out too much. I would love a Liberty one. Perfect for layering on my "Mummy" days.

This fabric was a holiday purchase on our trip to Japan last year. I was lucky enough to score a day in the fabric district, Nippori, and I bought as much as I could fit into my backpack which was not nearly enough. I considered sacrificing nappies and formula for more fabric but came to my senses! Thankfully as that stuff is hard to find in Japan. I would love to go back to Japan one day. It was an amazing holiday, perfect for children and full of amazing fabric & notions. In the meantime, I will wear items sewn from my holiday fabrics to remind me of my travels. And plan the next holiday!

Do you buy fabric on holidays? Where's your favourite holiday destination to shop for fabric? Any tips?

L x

6 comments:

  1. I always try to visit a fabric shop whilst on holiday. Recently NYC was fabulous and Paris was great too. Although I love the ClearIt outlet in Melbourne for Alannah Hill fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to that AH outlet as it's upstairs. Must leave kids at home and give it a go. NYC is on our list but next up is LA, Salt Lake City & San Francisco!!

      Delete
  2. It's a great holiday memento and a nice summer basic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm going to Japan in Dec/ Jan & am planning on a fabric shopping extravaganza! Thankfully I don't need extra room for kiddie stuff so I can go nuts :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to take my 3 girls to Japan. I'm sure they would love it as much as I do. Such an amazing place. As we are currently living in Montreal (we are Sydneysiders originally) we get do a lot of travel. NY is only 6 hours in the car from our house. Tonight we fly out to London for a week. Guess who will be buying some Liberty fabric?

    ReplyDelete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat