June 27, 2012

Sew: Abstract Simplicity 2215 Skirt


Let me introduce my third Simplicity 2215 skirt! I do love a full skirt and this pattern is fantastic. Super quick and easy but beautifully put together and finished. If you haven't tried this pattern, give it a go!


The fabric is a printed cotton sateen from Spotlight that was a complete impulse buy. You know how you have to wait FOREVER to be served at Spotlight, especially if you go on pension day?? Well, there was a huge pile of freshly unpacked abstract print cotton sateen right next to the counter. Two rolls accidentaly fell into my shopping basket...

My first version was a great hit and is in high rotation. The second version is yet to be blogged (or worn) but is made in a beautiful soft denim.




Project Details
Pattern: Simplicity 2215 skirt
Fabric: Abstract Printed Cotton Sateen from Spotlight
Alterations: Added 10cm to length and used a 4cm hem at the front grading to a 2cm hem at back. I prefer adding 15cm to allow for a deep hem.

So I now have THREE versions of this skirt... Too many? Or is there potential for a few more??

L x

10 comments:

  1. Three is never too many! I'm sure that there is the potential for more. Love this fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never have too many of a TNT (tried n true) pattern! Looks good. Spotlight always surprises me. Amidst the crushed velour and synthetic sequined dance fabrics, there's always a gem. You can be very proud of this buy (and make!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice skirt. It is so nice to have some colour on dull winter days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your skirt. I think certainly potential for a few more. I have made 6 skirts from the Colette Ginger pattern, which writing it down now seems a bit crazy, but it's so rare to find a skirt pattern that ticks all the boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. I can't believe this is Spotty fabric! Three is def not too many. Might have to crack this pattern out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely skirt. I'm sure there is room for more in your wardrobe. When you're onto a winner stick with it, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! I am most of the way through making this pattern but I'm stuck on the side zip/pocket ..... Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just make the pocket first and then sew the invisible zip as normal making sure the pocket is free. Try not to over-think it! Good luck.

      Delete
  8. Love the pattern and the fabric. Simplicity patterns are the best!
    I'm in the middle of my second simplicity 2444. You can never have too many TNT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I found your blog through Karen's Did You Make That blog.

    I love this skirt. The fabric is gorgeous. And I have to say, you can never have too many of one skirt. Each skirt would have a different personality :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat