May 20, 2012

Sew: Emerging Spots Dress


So I finished my dress for my girls night out to Movida. I stitched the final stitch, packed away the sewing paraphernalia and vacuumed the guest bedroom (aka my sewing room & study) just as the door bell rang. My dear friend J was taking me to Movida for my birthday. We had a lovely night, eating beautiful Spanish food, drinking wine and enjoying each others company.

The pattern is Simplicity 2360 which I've made twice before. The fabric is a lovely sheer cotton voile called Emerging Spots from Tessuti. As it was sheer, I lined it with a smokey blue silk cotton by making two dresses and stitching them together at the waist, neck and arms. I also did the top layer with french seams to avoid seeing the overlocking stitches through the sheer fabric.

I really like the dress. I think it will be quite versatile. Dressed up with opaque tights, heels and a dressy jacket for night or with sandals and bangles for day.

Project Details
Pattern: Simplicity 2360
Fabric: Emerging Spots Japanese cotton voile from Tessuti plus silk cotton lining
Alterations: lengthened the bodice by an inch


This is my Me Made May Day 19 outfit. The jacket was another recently finished project which I will blog later this week. 

L x
 

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday. You're looking uber chic for your fun night out. I think you've done an awesome job of pairing it with the tights and necklace.
    I went to Movida when I was in Sydney last year and had a fabulous night. The food was delicious!

    ReplyDelete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat