April 29, 2012

Sew: Simplicity 2215 Skirt



I love how this skirt turned out. I wasn't sure that a full pleated skirt on a thin waistband was going to suit my fuller figure but was pleasantly surprised. The pleats are well placed so that there is not a lot of bulk on your hips and the pleats sit nice and flat. The pleating is also asymmetrical which adds a nice design element. The skirt is secured with a side invisible zip and has deep pockets.

I picked up this fabric at The Fabric Store as an impulse purchase and I am so glad I did. It is a lightweight printed cotton which perfectly suits this skirt. The colour looks brown in the photo but really is black with the yellow brushed through the black.

This pattern didn't really float my boat until I saw the lovely Mary's numerous versions. I have even ordered a lightweight denim for another skirt and am yet to make my original planned Liberty dress version. Slowly, slowly...






Project Details
Pattern:  Cynthia Rowley Simplicity 2215 - Skirt C
Fabric: Printed cotton from The Fabric Store
Alterations: Extended length by 10cm.

I am doing a smashing job of my Autumn Winter wardrobe. I have finished another Renfrew (white knit linen with the v-neck) but need to take it in more. I am also putting the finishing touches on my black wool Minoru.

L x

2 comments:

  1. I like the hit of yellow in your skirt. I am keen to get a hit of yellow myself, to inject colour into my autumn/winter wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a dress in this fabric. You've not seen it because it turned out 2 sizes smaller than the pattern measurements said it would :(

    ReplyDelete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat